Congratulations to our coaches and swimmers on their achievements at the Australian Age and Open Championships.
Forty athletes represented us last week at the Australian Age Championships, followed by 4 competing this week at the Australian Open Championships. It was a fortnight filled with hard work, team bonding, emotion, and substantial success.
Last week was the week of records for MLC:
– highest ever number of top 10 finishes at 63 (previous record 43)
– equal highest ever number of total medals at 15 and highest ever individual medals at 14 (previous record 15 total from 11 individual and 4 relay)
– highest individual medal tally of any Victorian club
– highest ever point score (whilst we have finished 4th before, we have never scored as many points as we did last week – also worth noting whilst we finished 6th – and extraordinary achievement – we were less than 100 points behind 3rd place)
– 4 MLC long course records broken (Toby McOmish 50 free, Izzy Osborn 200 fly, Harry Hay 800 and 1500 free)
Congratulations to the whole Age team on MLC’s best ever national performance. Thank you to our incredible team managers Nat, Stu, and Dave for everything they did through the meet, and of course thanks to our coaching and support team of Tim, Scott, Will, and Chris who made all of this possible. The cohesion in this coaching team is a huge factor in our success.
This week Ciara and Ruby have been putting on a show at Opens and swimming really well, with special guests Mackie and Harry sticking around for one race each as well.
Well done to Ruby for finishing 2nd in her classification for both 100 back and 100 brst, and Ciara for finishing 15th, 13th, and 14th in the 50/100/200 back respectively in the combined 18/19 age group.
I could not be prouder of the team we have built here at MLC and I can’t wait to see the new heights we achieve as we enter the 2023/24 season.
It’s not over until the last race, and we’ve got so much more to go. Bring on Short Course!
For our members – link to Jayden’s full report and more photos on TeamApp & Facebook
Swimming Victoria Report: http://vic.swimming.org.au/news-articles/aus-age-champs-wrap
Congratulations to our MLC Aquatic medallists:
Harry Hay – B – Boys 18 Years 1500m Freestyle
Lily Koch – G – Girls 14 Years 100m Backstroke, S – Girls 14 Years 100m Butterfly, B – Girls 14 Years 50m Butterfly, B – Girls 14 Years 50m Backstroke
Toby McOmish – G – Boys 18 Years 50m Freestyle, B – Boys 18 Years 50m Butterfly
Charlie Millard – B – Girls 17 Years 50m Backstroke, B – Girls 17 Years 100m Backstroke
Isabella Osborn – B – Girls 15 Years 200m Butterfly, B – Girls 15 Years 100m Butterfly, B – Girls 15 Years 50m Butterfly
Alannah Torrance – B – Girls 16 Years 200m Breaststroke
Hamish Robson- B – Boys 15 Years 400m IM
B – MLC Aquatic – Boys 14-18 Years 4×50m Medley Relay